måndag 2 september 2013

Progress and Mighty No. 9

In case you have missed it, Keiji Inafune - the man behind Mega Man - has announced a new project he has started working on since leaving Capcom. It's called Mighty No. 9 and is a spiritual successor to the Mega Man games. It's on Kickstarter right now and at the time of writing it's very close to acheiving its goal of becoming reality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Personally I'm really excited about this. Like I've mentioned before Capcom really have given up on Mega Man, but something like this is more than any Mega Man fan could've hoped for. I've been very sceptical towards Kickstarter since first hearing about it, and as such I've never backed anything on there. But this project I didn't hesitate to back and if you like Mega Man I think you should do the same. One thing I especially like is that the composer for the original Mega Man soundtrack - Manami Matsuae - is going to make the music for the game! Mega Man 1 is my favorite game of all time, and the game I've modelled Mega Man 42 after, time so this is more than awesome for me. The theme song for Mighty No. 9 is available on the Mighty No. 9 website: http://www.mightyno9.com.

Progress is coming along somewhat nicely on Prometheus - The Fire Thief. I had some trouble with the stair mechanic, but it works acceptably now after struggling with it a bit for a few days last week. I've drawn all the sprites for the enemies now so I need to code them and then start working on the boss. Once that's done, some sound effects and music is all that is left to be done on the first short introduction stage where you steal the fire from the gods of mount Olympus. Once all that is finished I can make a video of it for sure as a demonstration, and just maybe release a demo. That's definitely not more than a maybe though, because I want the official demo once it's done to include the second area as well, to flesh it out and show off the action adventure gameplay and its mechanics properly.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar