onsdag 20 november 2013

Progress

Since I released the latest version of MM42 I've been taking a little bit of time off from working on my current game, but I just wanted to post this to inform that work is now progressing again and I've made the level design and the graphics for the next area in Prometheus. I had some trouble with my computer that it would overheat, but I've now replaced the one chassi fan I had, installed two more and so far it seems to work much better.

As you may be familiar with, Prometheus uses the genuine 54-color NES palette, which is great for authenticity, but once you get down to the nitty-gritty you start to see some problems with it. When you draw natural environments most of them tend to be in shades of grey and brown, such as stone, earth, wood etc. However, the NES palette only has two shades of brown (plus a skin color) and grey respectively (plus white and black). So that means you really have to be inventive when using the palette. I have no idea what was going on in the mind of the person who chose the colors for the NES, because in place of the colors most commonly found in nature it has a plethora of purples and pinks. Either that person was female, or a very fabulous guy. Just wanted to get that off my chest :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar